Yash Dhull, the World Cup-winning captain of the Indian U-19 Cricket team, is one of the most talked-about names in the cricketing world.
Dhull, the 19-year-old boy from New Delhi has impressed all the cricket fans in India with his responsible batting in the semi-finals of the 2022 U-19 World Cup.
So, here we have listed down 12 interesting facts about this talented batsman.
1) On 11 November 2002, Yash Dhull was born in New Delhi, India.
2) At the age of 6, Yash’s mother noticed her son’s keen interest in playing cricket and got him enrolled in Bal Bhawan cricket academy
3) His father Vijay Dhull worked as an executive of a cosmetic brand in New Delhi but gave up his career to help his son’s passion for cricket.
4) Yash’s father’s all expenses went on his cricket training, and his grandfather’s pension was used to run the household.
5) At the age of 11, Yash Dhull scored an unbeaten 40 run knock in the Under-16 Rajesh Peter Memorial Tournament and obtained his first cash prize of Rs. 500.
6) At the age of 12, Dhull joined the Airliner Cricket Academy under the mentorship of coach Pradeep Kochhar
7) Under his captaincy, Delhi reached the knockouts of the Under-16 Vijay Merchant Trophy after eight long years.
8) He was selected as the captain of the Indian side for the 2021 U19 Asia Cup and U19 World Cup 2022.
9) In the semi-final of the ICC Under-19 World Cup, Yash Dhull scored a superb century (110 runs) against Australia and became the 3rd Indian captain after Virat Kohli and Unmukt Chand to score a century at the ICC U19 World Cup.
10) In the final of the 2022 ICC Under-19 World Cup, India beat England by four wickets and Dhull became 5th Indian captain to win the U-19 title
11) The Indian captain has registered for the IPL 2022 mega auction with a base price of INR 20 Lakhs
12) He completed his schooling at Bal Bhawan School and is currently studying at Bharati College