The VRA Cricket Ground, located in Amstelveen, is the largest cricket stadium in the Netherlands
A famous venue that regularly hosts international matches, this cricket ground has hosted many international matches
So, we have listed down 10 facts about this iconic cricket ground
1) Established in 1939, this famous cricket stadium is operated by the VRA Amsterdam cricket club
2) VRA Cricket Ground, with a capacity of 14,500 spectators, regularly hosts home matches for the Netherlands
3) In August 1998, the first three-day match on this ground was played when India-A toured the Netherlands for a series of matches
4) In May 1999, the VRA Cricket Ground hosted its first ODI match between Kenya and South Africa
In this match, South Africa’s Lance Klusener picked a five-wicket haul and helped South Africa beat Kenya by 7 wickets.
5) In August 2004, Australia, India, and Pakistan played the Videocon Cup ODI tournament at this Ground
This ODI series between the three cricketing nations drew almost 700 million TV viewers.
6) In 2006, Sri Lanka recorded their highest ODI total of 443 against the Netherlands, with both Sanath Jayasuriya and Tillakaratne Dilshan scoring hundreds
This record got bettered only after 10 years when England posted a score of 444 runs against Pakistan in Nottingham.
7) On 30 June 2015, the VRA Cricket Ground hosted its first T20I between Netherlands and Nepal
In this match, Netherlands’ Stephan Myburg scored a half-century and helped his team beat Nepal by 18 runs.
8) In August 2018, the VRA Cricket Ground hosted Nepal’s first-ever ODI match during their Netherlands tour
9) In 2020, VRA Cricket Ground’s picturesque clubhouse was renovated, and new facilities were introduced to allow cricket to be played all year round.
On 31 May 2022, West Indies’s Shai Hope hit a century against the Netherlands on this ground.
10) In June 2022, during England’s tour of the Netherlands, they are supposed to be playing three ODIs against England