Tim David, a right-handed batsman, and a part-time off-spinner, is one of the most demanding T20 finishers in T20 leagues worldwide.
In the auction for IPL 2022, Tim was bought for INR 8.25 crores by the Mumbai Indians.
So today, we will discuss 15 lesser-known facts about this Singaporean-Australian cricketer.
1) On 16 March 1996, Tim David was born in Singapore
2) His father, Rod David, played for the Singapore cricket team in the 1997 ICC Trophy.
3) His father was an engineer in Singapore but moved back to Australia because of the 1997 Asian financial crisis
4) Tim, while growing up in Perth, used to love playing cricket
But, it was only at the age of 8, that he started playing this sport seriously
5) At 19, he traveled to England and was the highest run-getter in the 2015 Northeast Premier League
In that tournament, he scored 963 runs at an average of 53.50 but couldn’t repeat the same success in the Australian U-19 circuit.
6) In 2017-18, in the Western Australian U-23 cricket circuit, he scored 411 runs in five matches at an impressive average of 45.66
It landed him a contract with the Perth Scorchers, but his season got cut short due to a stress fracture.
7) After the 2019 BBL, Perth Scorchers didn’t retain him and he joined the Singapore national team.
8) He made his T20I debut for Singapore in the 2019 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Asia Region Final.
In his third match, Tim smashed 77 runs from 43 balls against Nepal and also helped Singapore defeat Zimbabwe in a T20I.
9) At the 2020 ACC Eastern Region T20, he smashed 92 runs from 32 balls against Malaysia.
10) Tim David made his return to the BBL with a contract for Hobart Hurricanes for the 2020-21 season.
In the 2020-21 BBL, Tim scored 279 runs in 14 matches, with a strike rate of 153.30.
11) Lahore Qalandars signed him for the second leg of PSL 2021, where he scored 180 runs in six innings with an average of 45 and a strike rate of 166.67.
His top score of 64 runs( off 36 balls ) came against Peshawar Zalmi.
12) After PSL, Surrey signed Tim David, and he scored 45 runs in two matches, at a strike rate of 136.36.
After that, Surrey signed David for the ‘Royal London One-Day cup’, where he scored 340 runs in eight innings, including two centuries, at a strike rate of 150.44.
13) He played for Southern Brave in the Hundred and also played for Saint Lucia Kings in CPL 2021.
14) In August 2021, RCB signed Tim David for the second leg of IPL 2021 in the UAE
So, he became the first international player from Singapore to feature in the IPL.
15) He played for Multan Sultans in the 2022 PSL and helped his team reach the finals of the tournament
Mumbai Indians bought his services for INR 8.25 crores in the 2022 IPL auction