Shahrukh Khan is one of the most talked-about names before the auction for the 2022 IPL
Khan, the 26-year-old from Chennai has impressed with both bat and ball in the Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament.
So, here we have listed down 10 interesting facts about this talented cricketer.
1) On 27 May 1995, Shahrukh Khan was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu in India.
2) Shahrukh Khan’s maternal aunt was a big fan of Shah Rukh Khan and forced his parents to name him after the legendary Bollywood actor.
This name of him has also invited some nasty sledging on the cricket field.
3) While growing up, Shahrukh used to play tennis-ball cricket in the streets of Chennai
4) His younger brother Akram plays league cricket in Chennai
His father Masood also played league cricket but was not able to make it to the big stage
5) In 2012, Shahrukh Khan was adjudged the best all-rounder in the inaugural edition of the junior Chennai Super Kings tournament, a talent hunt event organized by CSK
6) In the Cooch Behar Trophy leading up to the 2014 U19 World Cup, he impressed everyone with both bat and ball.
He scored 624 runs in 8 innings, picked 8 wickets, but didn’t finally make it to the U19 squad.
7) Shahrukh Khan made a superb T20 debut in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy by hitting 21 runs from 8 balls against Goa.
8) Before the auction for the 2020 IPL, Shahrukh failed to impress in Mumbai Indians trials and also went unsold in that year’s auctions
9) Shahrukh got his maiden IPL contract in the auction for the 2021 IPL when he was bought by Punjab Kings for Rs 5.25 crores
10) He got his maiden IPL cap from Chris Gayle and is a die-hard fan of Superstar Rajinikanth.