Shahbaz Ahmed is one of the most promising spin-bowling allrounders in India today.
In the auction for IPL 2022, RCB bought Shahbaz for a sum of INR 2.4 crores.
So today, we will discuss 13 little-known facts about this talented all-rounder.
1) On 12 December 1994, Shahbaz Ahmed was born in Mewat, Haryana in India
2) Shahbaz Ahmed had to move to Palwal district in Haryana to join his first cricket academy.
3) He represented the Gurgaon cricket team for a few years but couldn’t make it to the Haryana cricket team
4) In 2015, his few cricketer friends in Bengal persuaded him to play for the Tapan Memorial Club in Kolkata
He gave some amazing performances for his club and got selected to play for the Bengal Cricket Team.
5) During the early days of his career, Shahbaz played purely as a batsman but worked on his left-arm spin bowling to raise his stocks as a cricketer.
6) Shahbaz Ahmed considers Ravindra Jadeja as his idol.
7) Shahbaz made his List-A debut for Bengal in the 2018–19 Vijay Hazare Trophy against Jammu and Kashmir.
He returned with figures of 1/22 in his debut List-A match.
8) He made his first-class debut against Hyderabad and made his T20 debut against Haryana in the 2018–19 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
9) In January 2021, he became the first player since Mohammed Shami to claim a Ranji hat-trick.
10) Before the start of IPL 2020, SRH called Ahmed for trials but missed it due to a Ranji match.
11) He made his IPL debut for RCB against Rajasthan Royals in the 2020 IPL.
12) In April 2021, during the 6th match of 2021 IPL, Shahbaz took three wickets in one over against the Sunrisers Hyderabad to help his team win the match
13) In February 2022, he was re-bought for INR 2.40 crores by the RCB in the 2022 IPL auction