Romario Shepherd, the talented West Indian all-rounder, will be playing for the Sunrisers Hyderabad in this year’s IPL.
A right-arm fast bowler and a destructive lower-order batsman, Shepherd is considered a T20 specialist all over the world.
So here we have listed down 11 interesting facts about Romario Shepherd.
1) On 26 November 1994, Romario Shepherd was born in Georgetown, Guyana
2) In January 2016, Romario made his List-A debut for Guyana against the Leeward Islands in the 2015–16 Regional Super50 tournament.
Opening the bowling, he returned with the figures of 3/37 from his ten overs.
3) On 10 March 2017, he made his first-class debut for Guyana in the 2016–17 Regional Four Day Competition
4) On 5 September 2018, Shepherd made his T20 debut for Guyana Amazon Warriors in the 2018 CPL
5) On 6 November 2019, Romario Shepherd made his ODI debut for the West Indies against Afghanistan
6) On 18 January 2020, Shepherd made his T20I debut for the West Indies against Ireland
7) In the semi-finals of 2021 CPL, Romario Shepherd shined with both bat and ball and helped Guyana Amazon Warriors beat Jamaica Tallawahs by 14 runs
In this match, Shepherd played an insane knock of 72 runs off 31 balls and also returned with figures of 3/31
8) In December 2021, following the 2022 PSL players’ draft, got signed by the Karachi Kings.
9) On 23 January 2022, in the second T20I against England, he formed a crucial partnership with Akeal Hossein for the ninth wicket.
Shepherd scored a superb 44 in 28 balls, hit five sixes, and almost took West Indies home with an impossible victory.
10) Shepherd, in his 47 T20 matches, has picked 55 T20 wickets at an average of 22.38
11) Romario Shephard was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad for a whopping INR 7.75 crores in the 2022 IPL auction