Rinku Singh, the left-handed middle-order batsman, is an exciting name in Indian domestic cricket.
Playing for KKR in the IPL 2022, Rinku has impressed cricket lovers worldwide.
So here, we have listed down 10 interesting facts about the talented cricketer.
1) On 12 October 1997, Rinku Singh was born in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh of India.
2) Rinku Singh’s father Khanchandra Singh was an LPG delivery man, whereas his brother Jeetu Singh is an autorickshaw driver
3) From an early age, he was absolutely terrible at studies and was only interested in playing cricket
He managed to win a motorbike for becoming the ‘Man of the Series’ in a local cricket tournament in Delhi.
4) He is a huge fan of Suresh Raina and Sachin Tendulkar, and was a huge influence on him while growing up.
5) Singh has represented Uttar Pradesh in various categories, in U-16, U-19, and U-23 levels
6) On 5 March 2014, at the age of 16, Rinku Singh made his List-A debut for Uttar Pradesh against Vidarbha in Jaipur
In this match, he top-scored in the match with 83 runs.
7) On 5 November 2016, at the age of 19, Rinku Singh made his first-class debut for Uttar Pradesh against Punjab at Hyderabad
Rinku, with 803 runs in nine first-class matches, was the highest run-getter for Uttar Pradesh in the group stages of the 2018–19 Ranji Trophy.
8) In 2017, Rinku was bought by Kings XI Punjab but didn’t get to play a match for their side
9) In 2019, Rinku Singh took part in the Ramadan T20 Tournament in Abu Dhabi without seeking permission from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
So, he faced a three-month suspension from the BCCI.
10) In the 2022 IPL auction, Rinku Singh was bought by the KKR for INR 55 lacs
Rinku was highly praised for his 40 run knock (in 15 balls) against LSG at the DY Patil Stadium in Mumbai
He performed superbly in the 2022 IPL, Rinku scored 174 runs in seven matches at an average of 34.80 and, with a strike rate of 148.71.