Pooja Vastrakar, the talented all-rounder of the Indian women’s cricket team, played a superb match-winning 67 runs knock in the recent ODI played between India and Pakistan
She was adjudged the ‘Man of the match’ for that match-winning performance, as India started their 2022 Women’s World Cup campaign with a win
So, here we have listed down 10 little-known facts about this talented cricketer.
1) On 25 September 1999, Pooja Vastrakar was born in Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh in India
2) Pooja’s father is a retired employee of BSNL and her mother died when she was only ten years old.
She has four sisters, two brothers and is the youngest one among all of them
3) From an early age, Pooja took a great interest in playing cricket
He used to play with the boys of her age in the neighbourhood.
4) She was discovered by her coach Ashutosh Shrivastava under whom he started batting practice in the nets
In the beginning, she was primarily playing as a batter, bowling came much later
5) After joining the Madhya Pradesh team, she started bowling medium-pace along with his batting, and at the age of 15, she got included in India Green Women Squad
6) After performing superbly in the 2018 Challenger Trophy, Vastrakar got selected for the South Africa tour
7) Pooja Vastrakar made her Women’s ODI debut for India against South Africa Women on 10 February 2018 at Potchefstroom
8) On 13 February 2018, she made her Women’s T20I debut for India against South Africa Women at Potchefstroom
9) On 16 June 2021, Vastrakar made her Women’s Test debut for India against England at Bristol
10) On 6 March 2022, Pooja Vastrakar and Sneh Rana’s recorded a 122-runs for the seventh wicket, India’s highest-ever seventh-wicket ODI stand, to help India beat arch-rivals Pakistan by 137 runs