The MCA Stadium or the Pune Cricket stadium is one of the newest cricket grounds in India.
Over the years, this cricket ground has produced many exciting cricket matches both in IPL and in international cricket.
So, here are 10 little-known about the MCA Stadium
1) It is the home ground of the Maharashtra cricket team and also the headquarters of the Maharashtra Cricket Association.
2) Designed by Hopkins Architects, this stadium was supposed to host the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup matches, but it only got completed in 2012
3) Located just outside the city of Pune, designed like a deep bowl, the MCA stadium has a seating capacity for 37,000 spectators
4) Owned by the Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA), this stadium was opened by the then BCCI and ICC president Sharad Pawar in April 2012
5) In April 2012, the first match at this cricket ground was played between Kings XI Punjab and Pune Warriors India
6) In December 2012, the first international match at this cricket ground was played between India and England
7) In 2015 IPL, Punjab Kings moved out of Mohali and played three home matches at the MCA Stadium
8) In 2017, India Today on a sting operation, exposed its official pitch curator Salgaonkar for breaking ICC rules regarding the wicket
As a result, Salgaonkar got suspended for 6 months by BCCI and ICC.
9) It has additional facilities like squash and badminton courts, a swimming pool, restaurants, spas, and bars
10) On 28 March 2021, it hosted India vs England 3rd ODI Match and reached its 50th match milestone