Hrithik Shokeen, the talented spin-bowling all-rounder from Delhi, is an exciting name in Indian cricket.
Playing for Mumbai Indians in IPL 2022, Shokeen has impressed cricket fans all over the world.
So, here we have listed down 10 facts about Hrithik Shokeen
1) On 14 August 2000, Hrithik Shokeen was born in Delhi, India
2) From an early age, Hrithik was interested in playing cricket
He trained under famous cricket coach Tarak Sinha in the Sonnet Cricket Club, the same cricket academy which has produced cricketers like Shikhar Dhawan, Risabh Pant, and many others
3) In November 2019, Hrithik was in India U23’s squad for the 2019 ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup
4) In 2019, during Bangladesh’s U-23 tour of India, Shokeen picked six wickets in four matches and ended up as the tournament’s joint-highest wicket-taker
5) On 14 November 2019, Hrithik Shokeen made his List-A debut for India U23 against Nepal in the 2019 ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup in Bangladesh
In this tournament, he ended with just two wickets in four matches as India lost to Pakistan Emerging Team in the semi-final.
6) Hrithik Shokeen played for Delhi in the domestic cricket and has represented Delhi in eight List-A matches
7) A right-arm off-break bowler and an effective right-handed batsman, Shokeen, in his eight List-A matches, has an economy of 4.92, with his best bowling figures being 2/21.
8) He played two youth tests for the India U-19 team against South Africa U-19.
In this two-match test series, Hrithik ended up as the highest wicket-taker with 10 wickets.
9) In the 2022 IPL auction, Hrithik Shokeen was bought by the Mumbai Indians for INR 20 lacs
10) On 21 April 2022, Hrithik Shokeen made his IPL debut for the Mumbai Indians against Chennai Super Kings at the DY Patil Stadium in Mumbai
In his very first match, he played a handy 25 run knock and also bowled four economical overs