Established under the leadership of Canadian architect Awsam Matloob, the Dubai cricket stadium is one of the best cricket venues in the world.
It is one of three iconic stadiums in the UAE, along with Sharjah Cricket Stadium and Zayed Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
This cricket stadium has hosted many iconic matches, and it is a part of the Dubai Sports City in Dubai.
So, today we will talk about some of the most amazing facts about the Dubai cricket stadium.
Top 10 Amazing Dubai Cricket Stadium Facts
1) The Dubai Cricket Stadium has a capacity of 25,000 spectators but can be expandable to 30,000 spectators.
2) The Dubai Cricket Stadium is lit by a system of 350 floodlights fixed around the circumference of its roof, called “Ring of Fire”.
3) It is one of the newest stadiums in the world, which hosted its first international match in 2009
4) The first ODI in this venue was played between Pakistan and Australia on April 22, 2009, which Pakistan won by four wickets
5) The first test match in this stadium was played between Pakistan and South Africa in 2010, which ended in a draw
6) It has hosted 1st leg of the Indian Premier League 2014 edition, and it has already hosted 23 ODI matches
7) This stadium has hosted the opening ceremony of PSL for three consecutive years (2016, 2017, and 2018)
8) It hosted the 2018 Asia Cup and the 2018 Asia Cup Final
9) The 2016 PSL Final between Quetta Gladiators and Islamabad United also took place in this iconic stadium
10) This classy stadium will host the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, and it will also host the 2nd Semi-Final and the Final of that tournament.