Dominic Drakes, the talented West Indian allrounder was recently bought by the Gujarat Titans in the 2022 IPL auction.
A left-handed batsman and a left-arm medium-pacer, Drakes was one of the most talked-about names in the CPL.
So, here we have listed down 10 fascinating facts about this talented Barbadian cricketer.
1) On 6 February 1998, Dominic Drakes was born in Barbados
2) Dominic is the son of Vasbert Drakes, who has played international cricket for West Indies between 1995 and 2004
3) On 18 January 2018, Drakes made his debut in first-class cricket for Barbados in the 2017–18 Regional Four Day Competition
4) Ahead of 2018 CPL, Dominic was named as one of the five players to watch out for in the tournament
5) Drakes was named in the West Indies Emerging Team in the 2019–20 Regional Super50 tournament
6) In July 2020, Dominic was named to St Kitts & Nevis Patriots squad for the 2020 CPL
7) On 15 September 2021, Drakes scored a superb 48 run knock in the final of the 2021 CPL and helped St Kitts & Nevis Patriots win their first CPL title.
8) Dominic replaced an injured Sam Curran in the CSK squad for the second leg of the 2021 IPL.
9) On 13 December 2021, Drakes made his T20I debut for West Indies against Pakistan
10) Drakes is a superb all-rounder in the shorter format of the game and has also played in the Abu Dhabi T10 League
He got his maiden IPL contract in the 2022 IPL auction when he was bought by the Gujarat Titans for INR 1.1 crores