Devon Conway, the left-handed New Zealand wicket-keeper batsman, is one of the best talents in the cricketing world
With his superb batting in all three formats, he has instantly made a mark in international cricket.
So today, we present 10 interesting facts about this talented wicket-keeper batsman.
1) On 8 July 1991, Devon Conway was born in Johannesburg, Gauteng Province in South Africa
2) Conway started playing cricket from a young age, and in 2015, started playing in South African first-class cricket.
3) In August 2015, he played for Gauteng in the 2015 Africa T20 Cup. He played three matches for them and scored 53 runs.
4) In August 2017, he moved to New Zealand to join the New Zealand first-class cricket
5) In June 2018, he joined Wellington and in the 2018–19 Plunket Shield, scored an unbeaten double hundred against Otago at the Basin Reserve
He was the highest run-scorer in the 2018–19 Plunket Shield, with 659 runs from seven matches.
6) In April 2020, Conway was named the ‘Men’s domestic player of the year’ by New Zealand Cricket and was signed by Somerset to play in the 2021 T20 Blast
7) On 27 November 2020, Devon Conway made his T20I debut for New Zealand against the West Indies in Auckland
8) In March 2021, Conway made his ODI debut for New Zealand against Bangladesh at Dunedin
In the third ODI of that series, he scored 126 runs, his first century in ODI cricket.
9) On 2 June 2021, Conway made his test debut for New Zealand and became the 12th New Zealand batsman to score a hundred on his Test debut
10) Devon Conway was bought by CSK for INR 1 crore in the 2022 IPL auction.