Avesh Khan, the right-arm pacer from Madhya Pradesh, is one of the most talented cricketers in India today.
Playing in IPL for Madhya Pradesh and the Indian U-19 team, Avesh has impressed cricket fans with his quick and accurate fast bowling.
So, here we have listed down 15 interesting facts about Avesh Khan.
1) On 13 December 1996, Avesh Khan was born in Indore, Madhya Pradesh in India
2) His father, Ashique Khan was a pan-shop owner and now a financial manager for a private company
His brother Asad Khan is a Digital market analyst by profession.
3) From an early age, Avesh started playing cricket under the guidance of his father, who played cricket at the local level
4) At the age of 14, Avesh Khan joined the Indore Cricket Colts Club
Later, he trained under the guidance of former Indian cricketer Amay Khurasiya.
5) At the age of 16, he started playing for Madhya Pradesh’s Under-19 side
He bagged 15 wickets in the 2012/13 Vinoo Mankad Trophy and was the second highest wicket-taker in the tournament after Kuldeep Yadav’s 20 wickets.
6) At the age of 17, Avesh Khan made his U-19 debut for India in the 2013/14 Youth Asia Cup
He was in the squad for the 2014 U-19 World Cup but didn’t make it to the playing XI.
7) On 20 November 2021, in the Tri-series against Bangladesh and Afghanistan, Avesh Khan registered figures of 6-3-4-4 in a Youth ODI match against Bangladesh
Doing so, Avesh became the only bowler in Youth ODI history to concede four or fewer runs while picking up a four-wicket haul.
8) Avesh Khan was India’s leading wicket-taker in the 2016 U-19 World Cup, with 12 wickets from six matches
9) In December 2014, Avesh Khan made his first-class debut for Madhya Pradesh against Railways in Delhi
On 14 May 2017, he made his T20 debut for RCB against Delhi Daredevils at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi
10) On 5 February 2018, Avesh made his List-A debut for Madhya Pradesh against Mumbai in the 2017-18 Vijay Hazare Trophy
He picked up two wickets, but his team lost to Mumbai by 74 runs.
11) Avesh Khan was the leading run-getter in the 2018-19 Ranji Trophy, picking 35 wickets from seven first-class matches
In October 2019, Avesh was included in India C’s squad for the 2019–20 Deodhar Trophy but didn’t get to play a game that season.
12) In 2021, Avesh finished as the second highest wicket-taker in IPL 2021 with 24 wickets.
13) On 20 February 2022, Avesh Khan made his T20I debut for India against the West Indies at the Eden Gardens Stadium in Kolkata
On 27 February 2022, Avesh got his maiden T20I wicket in the form of Pathum Nissanka in the 3rd T20I against Sri Lanka and ended with figures of 2/23 in his four overs.
14) In the 2022 IPL auction, Avesh Khan became the most expensive uncapped player in IPL history as he was bought by the Lucknow Super Giants for a whopping INR 10 crores.
15) Avesh is a fitness addict and loves to go to the gym for workouts. He wishes to play under MS Dhoni’s captaincy someday